Caramelized onions are so good they’ve brought me back from a laziness-induced semi-retirement from blogging. I made a big batch of these when my CSA box showed up overflowing with oniony goodness. When six large onions and a half of a stick of butter spend two hours or so in a big old Le Creuset dutch oven truly magical things happen.
Things I did with this batch of onions:
- Used as a key condiment in a turkey sandwich
- Tossed with pasta, peas, and roasted chicken for a simple supper
- Mixed with ricotta cheese for a homemade ravioli filling (with wonton wrappers…so easy)
- Gave a jar to a friend who had us over for a truly exceptionally amazing dinner
- Smeared on toast with crumbled goat cheese
- Filled an omelet along with spinach and ham